Having a pet at home brings joy to the whole family. Aside from providing companionship and love, and providing children with a more wholesome way of growing up, pets are also known to be great stress busters.
There are different types of pets to be had, depending on the unique liking of a person. Some people might enjoy the undemanding, peaceful presence of fishes in a tank or caged birds. While these types of pets don’t require much attention and care, it’s the 4-legged pets that really add life to your home! They love to play all over your home and provide you with entertainment and companionship too. Owning a pet requires commitment and concern and you should keep this in mind before getting one. When bringing a fuzzy little dog or cat home, you also need to ensure that your apartment is safe for your goofy pets so they don’t end up getting hurt.
Here are some tips to make your apartment more pet-friendly:
1. While wooden flooring is considered classy and upscale, it may lead to slips and falls for your pet. Vitrified floor tiles are better – remember to go for the scratch-resistant version.
2. Exquisite rugs and carpets raise up the luxury and oomph level of your home, but they aren’t recommended for homes with furry pets around. This is because they are a magnet for fur and dander and could become unsafe for the family.
3. You will also need to be vigilant about the type of floor cleaner you use as pets tend to lick the floor. Avoid the strong antiseptic type and protect your pet’s health.
4. Give your pet a space to call their own, save a corner for them where you can place his beddings and toys. This way your pet has a place to retire to, when there are noisy guests around.
5. Pets tend to personalize their home and will roam all over the apartment. This is one important reason why you should store all your delicate and precious items such as picture frames, vases and other décor items at a higher level where curious pets can’t access them.
6. Other things to be kept safely away from your pets are your medicines as well as your cleaning fluids. Pets are like naughty children, so you need to store such items in cabinets that are locked or out of reach.
7. Balconies and windows can turn out to be dangerous for pets if adequate care isn’t taken. Do check if the grills on your windows and balcony are tightly interlocked so puppies or cats cannot fall through them.
8. Some common indoor plants are poisonous to dogs, if ingested. Take care not to keep plants like lantana, poinsettia, philodendron or jasmine within your home or balcony where your pets can access them. There are several other beautiful indoor plants that you can grow instead!
9. While modern homes come with concealed wiring, do ensure there are no hanging wires in the form of TV cables, curtain or blinds chords, etc. Hanging wires attract puppies to tug at them, so do ensure that all wires are tucked away and out of reach of curious pets!
10. Finally, ensure that you don’t use white or light-colored fabric in your home, whether it is in the form of upholstery, curtains or throw pillow materials – as they show up pet’s fur. You can opt for scratch-proof faux leather instead. Regular brushing and bathing of your pet would also help reduce the problem of shedding.
Finding a spacious apartment in cities for four-legged pets to move around comfortably in can get challenging, but not when you opt for a Vishraam home! Every Vishraam home is designed keeping the individual needs of its customers in mind. With a number of delightful spacious projects in and around Thrissur to chose from, you are sure to find an apartment in Thrissur that not only fulfills your unique needs, but also of your pet!
Having completed 44+ projects and with the backing of over 2000+ happy families, Vishraam Homes are synonymous with meticulously-planned futuristic homes that are spacious too. What’s more, every Vishraam apartment in Thrissur is built in a green and responsible way, as an ode to Mother Nature.
Come have a look at a Vishraam home today; you will be sure to love it!