Quick Tips: Baby-proofing your Home
Keeping your baby safe in your home should be your utmost priority! When the baby learns to crawl and walk it’s fun to watch your baby explore new things. There are many precautions you can do to keep your baby safe and still let him or her explore. Now the challenge is making sure your house is ready for your baby’s new explorations.
Here’re a few tips from Vishraam Builders, the most eco-friendly builders in Thrissur to baby-proof your house:
- Use safety plugs or covers on all electrical outlets.
- Unplug household items like coffee pots, toasters, fans, and lamps when not in use.
- Keep hot liquids away from your baby.
- Secure to the wall bookshelves, dressers, TVs, and other objects that could fall down if your baby tries to grab onto them or climb on top of them.
- Ensure that all the products your baby uses like cribs, strollers, playpens, high chairs, and changing tables do not have sharp edges. Place corner guards or soft pads to cover sharp corners.
- Put sliding gates at both ends of stairs or in other areas where your baby could fall.
- Use the safety straps on high chairs and changing tables.
- Put childproof locks or guards on all windows, doors, drawers, and kitchen and washroom cabinets.
- Keep out of reach all sharp objects like knives and scissors, and things like glasses and dishes that can break easily .
- Keep cribs away from windows.
- Keep cords of blinds, drapes, and phones out of your child’s reach. Chances are the whole curtain rod assembly may fall down if not properly secured.
- Do not ever leave your baby alone with a pet. The pet can unintentionally hurt your baby.
- Never leave your baby alone in the bathtub, near filled buckets or indoor swimming pools. Drain the water right after the bath.
- Keep toilet lids down.
- Keep pan handles on the stove turned inward so your baby can’t reach up and grab them.
- Never leave an older child in charge of watching your baby while in the tub.
- Put safety caps on all products like cleaners and other chemicals, medicines, makeup, perfumes, and other products that can harm your baby. As they are poisonous to the baby, store them in a high or locked cabinet.
- Remove any poisonous indoor plants from the house.
- To prevent choking keep small objects or parts like toy pieces, coins, buttons, marbles, rubber bands, and balloons out of reach.
- Never put your baby to bed with a bottle.
- Never leave mobiles from cribs and playpens.
- Keep plastic bags or sacks out of reach of the baby.
- Do not let the baby play with cabinet doors as there are chances of head or hands getting stuck in them.
- Keep the refrigerator and freezer doors securely closed.
- Do not place your baby on a couch to sleep as there are chances of falling down. Put side bars on baby cots.
Books your apartments in Thrissur or villas in Thrissur today with Vishraam Builders, the builders with 19 years of excellence in building construction who continuously excel by innovating, improving quality, reliability and service.